Steven provides a service that makes peer-to-peer (“p2p”) group payments possible through a mobile and tablet Application. The application is provided by PEI Development AB, reg. no. 559026-5673, and with registered offices at Tegnérgatan 29b, 111 40 Stockholm, Sweden.
Demands on the Steven Account holder. You must:
· Must act on behalf of yourself, you are not allowed to register or use Steven on behalf on anyone else
· Notify us if any information regarding you or your Account should change
Your Steven Account
- Your Account is denominated in a currency of your choice, as selected by you.
- You may only open one Account.
- You may only open an Account if it is legal to do so in your country of residence. By opening an Account you represent and warrant to us that it does not violate any laws or regulations applicable to you. You shall indemnify us against any losses we incur in connection with your breach of this section.
- You may only register or use Steven on behalf of yourself.
- All information you provide during the signup process or any time thereafter must be accurate and truthful.
- You are allowed to use your Account for private purposes only. You are thus not allowed to use your Account for commercial purposes. We reserve the right to determine whether, in our reasonable opinion, you are using your Account for commercial purposes. If you are in any doubt about whether or not an activity amounts to a commercial activity, you should contact Customer Service.
- You may close it at no cost by contacting Customer Service.
Using your Account
- You must ensure that the information recorded on your Account is always accurate and up to date and we shall not be liable for any loss arising out of your failure to do so. We may ask you at any time to confirm the accuracy of your information or to provide documents or other evidence.
- We may contact you with notifications in the App, by phone or via e-mail with information or notices regarding your Account. It is your responsibility to regularly check the proper functioning of your e-mail account or other methods of communication that you have registered to retrieve and read messages promptly. We shall not be liable for any loss arising out of your failure to do so.
- You must only request payments for undisputed amounts that a person owes you and that are due for payment in full. You may not use this service more than once for the same payment you request. This service may not be used as a debt collection or enforcement tool. If the person that owes you the payment asks you not to use Steven to request payment from them, you must comply with this request. When using this service, you must ensure that you have the right to contact the person you are claiming from. You are strictly prohibited from requesting money from someone that does not owe you the amount requested; would be ineligible to open an Account (for example minors); or has not given or has withdrawn his or her consent to receive a request for payment and we shall have the right to claim any damages or losses arising out of your breach of this section.
Closing your Account
- You may close your Account at any time by contacting Customer Service.
- You must take all reasonable steps to keep your Account safe at all times and never disclose passwords or pass-codes to anyone. Our personnel will never ask you to provide your password or pass-code to us or to a third party. It is advisable to change your password and/or pass-code regularly (every six (6) months) in order to reduce the risk of a security breach. You must never allow anyone to access your Account or watch you accessing your Account.
- If you have any indication or suspicion of your Account, login details, password or other security feature being lost, stolen, used without authorization or otherwise compromised, you are advised to change them. You must contact Customer Service without undue delay on becoming aware of any loss, theft or unauthorized use of your Account, login details, password or other security features.
- We may suspend your Account or otherwise restrict its functionality on reasonable grounds relating to the security of the Account or any of its security features or if we reasonably suspect that an unauthorized or fraudulent use of your Account has occurred or that any of its security features have been compromised. We will notify you of any suspension or restriction and of the reasons for such suspension or restriction in advance or, where we are unable to do so, immediately after the suspension or restriction has been imposed, unless notifying you would be unlawful or compromise our reasonable security interests. We will lift the suspension and/or the restriction as soon as practicable after the reasons for the suspension and/or restriction have ceased to exist.
- You must take all reasonable care to ensure that your e-mail account(s) are secure and only accessed by you, as your e-mail address may be used to reset passwords or to communicate with you about the security of your Account. In case any of the e-mail addresses registered with your Accounts are compromised, you should without undue delay after becoming aware of this contact Customer Service and contact your e-mail service provider.
- Irrespective of whether you are using a shared or your own device to access your Account, you must always ensure that your login details are not stored by the browser or cached or otherwise recorded.
- Additional products or services you use may have additional security requirements and you must familiarize yourself with those as notified to you.
- We shall not be liable for any disruption or impairment of our service or for disruptions or impairments of intermediary services on which we rely for the performance of our obligations hereunder, if such disruption or impairment is due to abnormal and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our reasonable control or the control of the intermediary affected.
- We shall not be liable for any indirect or consequential losses including but not limited to loss of profit, loss of business and loss of reputation. We shall not be liable for any losses arising from our compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Nothing in these Terms shall operate to exclude liability for death or personal injury due to negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for any statutory liability that cannot be excluded or amended by agreement between the parties.
- Indemnification/re-imbursement. You agree to defend, reimburse or compensate us and hold us and our other companies in our corporate group harmless from any claim, demand, expenses or costs (including legal Fees, fines or penalties) that we incur or suffer due to or arising out of your or your agents’ breach of these Terms, breach of any applicable law or regulation and/or use of the services. This provision shall survive termination of the relationship between you and us.
- As a default, you will receive notifications in the App that will inform you about new product features, events, promotions, special deals etc. By accepting these Terms, you agree to receive such notifications on a regular basis. If you do not wish to receive any notification from us, you can opt out at any time by changing the appropriate setting on your phone.
- We may terminate your Account or any payment service associated with it by giving you two months’ prior notice. You may terminate your Account with us at any time. Different termination provisions may apply if you use your Account for commercial purposes.
- We may at any time suspend or terminate your Account without notice in case:
- you breach any condition of these Terms or any other condition applicable to specific services covered by separate terms and conditions;
- you violate or we have reason to believe that you are in violation of any law or regulation that is applicable to your use of our services; or
- we have reason to believe that you are in any way involved in any fraudulent activity, money laundering, terrorism financing or other criminal activity.
- We may suspend your Account at any time if:
- we reasonably believe that your Account has been compromised or for other security reasons; or
- we reasonably suspect your Account to have been used or is being used without your authorization or fraudulently; and we shall notify you either prior to the suspension or, if prior notification is not possible under the circumstances, promptly after the suspension unless we are prohibited by law to notify you.
Changes to these Terms
- These Terms and any additional terms and conditions that may apply are subject to change. Changes will be implemented with prior notice from us under the procedure set forth in this section.
- We shall give notice to you of any proposed change by sending a notification in the App.
- The proposed change shall come into effect two (2) months after the date of the change notice, unless you have given us notice that you object to the proposed changes before the changes come into effect. Changes that make these Terms more favourable to you shall come into effect immediately if so stated in the change notice. Changes to exchange rates shall come into effect immediately without notice and you shall not have the right to object to such a change.
- If you object to the changes, they will not apply to you, however, any such objection shall constitute a notice by you to terminate and close your Account.
How we communicate
- We usually communicate to you via the App. You are required to check for messages regularly and frequently. Any communication or notice sent will be deemed received by you on the same day.
- Where legislation requires us to provide information to you on a durable medium, we will either send you an e-mail (with or without attachment) or send you a notification pointing you to information on our Website in a way that enables you to retain the information in print format or other format that can be retained by you permanently for future reference. You are required to keep copies of all communications we send or make available to you.
- You can request a copy of the current Terms or any other contractual document relevant to you by contacting Customer Service.
- We will communicate to you in English and will always accept communications made to us in English. Documents or communications in any other languages are for convenience only and shall not constitute an obligation on us to conduct any further communication in that language.
- Apart from communicating via notifications in the App, we may contact you via email, letter or telephone, where appropriate. If you use any mobile services, we may communicate with you via SMS. Any communication or notice sent by post will be deemed received three days from the date of posting for Swedish post or within five days of posting for international post. Any communication or notice sent by SMS will be deemed received the same day.
- You may contact us at any time by sending a message to Customer Service via the “Support” facility within the App.
- Any complaints about us or the services we provide should be addressed to us in the first instance by contacting Customer Service. You should clearly indicate that you are wishing to make a complaint to us. This helps us to distinguish a complaint from a mere query. We send you a complaint acknowledgement via notification in the App or via e-mail within 48 hours of receiving your complaint in accordance with our complaints procedure.
- We endeavour to provide you with an answer or resolution to your complaint within the timeframes as outlined by the Financial Ombudsman Service. Should this not be possible due to unforeseen circumstances or lack of information, we will contact you.
- No person other than you shall have any rights under these Terms.
- Your Account is personal to you and you may not assign any rights under the Terms to any third party.
- If any part of these Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable then such part shall be severed from the remainder of the Terms, which shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.